Coming Soon: My contemporary YA novel, Running Scared.
What if you're scared your best friend is hiding a dark secret?
My name is Melinda and it’s been the worst year ever:
- We had to leave our family farm
- Mum is in hospital
- Dad is losing it
- And my freak-out-and-run arachnophobia is getting worse
The one good thing in my world is my next-door neighbour, Rory. Maybe he sees things differently from me because he’s had to use a wheelchair for the past eight years, but Rory always has the right words, and he makes me laugh.
Problem is, Dad doesn’t want me anywhere near Rory...
He doesn’t trust him or his family. Rory’s brother is wanted by the police—and sometimes even I wonder if Rory is hiding something.
When the truth comes out and Rory begs for my help, I can't say no. But what if helping my best friend means facing the things I fear the most?
Read Running Scared if you love stories about fear, first love, friendship, broken hearts, betrayal, bravery, and bringing down the bully—together!
Hi! I’m Susan J Bruce.
I’m a former veterinarian turned author/artist and I write stories of mystery and suspense—with heart.
What do I mean by heart?
Hint: It’s not just romance.
If you enjoy books with romantic themes, you’ll certainly find these here. Most of my stories have have romantic elements or sub-plots. But heart also means the courage to carry on. I love putting my characters in situations where they must battle to overcome against the odds. This is certainly the case in my YA novel, Running Scared, plus my short story, Walking Boots.
So, what will you find here? (Other than great books for all ages!!!)
- A blog for both readers and writers.
- Animal art and photos. All great websites have animal photos don’t they??? I’m a self-confessed animal addict. Animals invade my stories all the time too.
- Links to my newsletter. Sign up and get the latest news on Running Scared and all my future books. and my free short story, Walking Boots. Walking Boots has adventure, a touch of mystery, a whole lot of heart and a Scotsman! What more could anyone want? You’ll also get other fun stuff like quizzes, author interviews, links to ‘the best of’ my blog and first look at some of my animal art and photos.
- A ‘Work with me’ page. If you are interested in freelance writing and editing services or if you’d like to hire me to speak at your school, writers’ group or seminar, check out this page.
Why not grab a cuppa and have a look around? I’d love to stay in touch so click the icons below if you’d like to follow me on social media, and say, ‘Hi!’